Sunday, August 28, 2011

5 Little Questions


1)      Where are you from?
My father was stationed in Cleveland, OH with the Coast Guard so unfortunately I can’t call Lexington my birthplace.  Lexington Kentucky will always be my home though.   I absolutely love this city, but I don’t plan on being here my entire life. 

2)      What is your experience with writing?
I’ve always felt that writing came fairly natural for me.  During my middle school career I dabbled a bit in creative writing contests and did well in most of them.  Unfortunately, writing has never really sparked my interest.  I sometimes find it tedious, and I quite often get sidetracked wondering if my writing flows well.  I do however; enjoy the occasional writing assignment that really makes me think deeply. 

3)      Identify Beliefs.
Beliefs.  That’s a tough one for me.  I believe in right and wrong, hot and cold, day and night.  Are we talking about religion?  Is Kentucky Basketball an option?   I used to think beliefs were fairly concrete.  I’ve slowly realized that beliefs actually change quite frequently.  Things happen all the time that have a huge affect on your beliefs.  So I’m going to leave this one fairly blank for the time being.  I’ll fill it in when I figure them out. 

4)      What kind of pop culture do you consume?
I’m a huge fan of most any kind of media that I can find.  I love film.  Most any kind of movie will do, but I’m a huge fan of documentaries.  Music is also a huge part of my life.  I really don’t care what’s on as long as something is.  I’ve been to a couple of music festivals, and really enjoy a good concert, but you can’t beat a good ol’ fashioned pirated CD.

5)      Why are you in college?
I’m in college because any legitimate future employer that I may have will not give me the time of day without that little piece of paper at the end.  A degree is quickly becoming a necessity and I’ll feel a sense of accomplishment when I’m done.  I also have a little girl to think about, and anything that will help me provide better for her is worth the time for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment